As the need for space increases at detention centers throughout the U.S., many correctional facilities, including Midland County, Texas, are faced with the prospect of constructing new buildings to alleviate inmate overcrowding. In most cases budgets are being squeezed and alternate building solutions are needed. Universal Fabric Structures specializes in to meet your needs for additional space. Universal Fabric Structures can provide solutions for inmate housing, cafeterias, rec centers and administration offices to meet your growing inmate population. A UFS structure can be equipped with the same security features as traditional construction and can be designed with many of the same internal configurations. Being modular in nature, as your needs expand, so can your Universal fabric structure. Should your needs change, your structure can be relocated to another site or modified to meet your new requirement utilizing the same shell and possibly the same fabric.
Some of the benefits of a correctional facility from Universal Fabric Structures are:
- Custom structures can quickly solve overcrowding issues.
- Open floor plan design offers correction officers excellent visibility in housing units.
- Communities can save substantial money by using a Universal Fabric Structure compared to that of conventional brick and mortar construction.
- Energy efficient, translucent fabric is available for a “skylight” effect that reduces operating costs.
- Buildings can be used for juvenile detention, female inmate housing, administrative buildings, cafeterias, and various levels of inmate housing.
- Buildings can be built to include:
- ADA compliant bathrooms
- Video conference rooms
- Multi-purpose rooms for GED classes and worship services
- Additional security features can be offered including an impenetrable metal mesh liner and security cameras.
Right now we have inmates housed in 40 counties – that will save us a lot of money bringing those inmates back into Midland County, not having to ship anymore, so it will pay for itself just in that order.
The Midland County Correctional Facility was featured recently by the Fabric Structures Association.