As states and municipalities look to make public works projects more efficient and cost-effective, many are looking at alternative solutions. As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, Universal Fabric Structures can provide an innovative, relocatable building to cover many different minerals including sand and salt.
Salt is one of the most corrosive minerals on earth and can easily destroy untreated steel. UFS steel components are hot-dip galvanized to prevent rusting and corrosion. All UFS buildings withstand all regular code required wind, snow, and seismic loads, and are fully compliant with IBC and ASCE 7 definition of unbalanced snow loads. Standard wind load 90 mph / Standard snow load 30 psf (GSL). Buildings are customizable to meet the requirements for your location.
Rapid Deployment of Equipment
- Keep sand and salt dry, reducing loading time so you can get trucks on the road faster.
- Open, clearspan design allows for easy access of equipment.
Lower Operating Costs
- Aluminum box beam or hot-dip galvanized steel truss frame to prevent rusting.
- Natural lighting with translucent roof fabric reduces reliance on electricity, making the structure more energy efficient.
- Protect your surrounding area from runoff by covering and containing your salt and sand.